BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Word count at 16 months old

Fiona started talking somewhat late (according to her doctor at her 12 month appointment because she didn't have 3 words at that appointment) but once she started, she started which was around 14 months old with 5 words (old post: http://fionaashley.blogspot.com/2010/09/first-words.html).

A thread was started on a July 2009 baby board on BabyCenter.com about how many words your little was was saying so it got me thinking. I voted 9-12 words but after started writing them down I got 12 in a matter of a few seconds and I knew there was a bunch more. Some of the words aren't completely clear but I heard somewhere that the words should be ones that the parents understand & I do understand.

So here's my list:

1. Mama
2. Dada
3. Shea (our dog)
4. Oso (Special Agent Oso)
5. Mouse (Mickey)
6. Cup (sippy)
7. Banana (sounds like nana)
8. Apple
8. Up
9. Puffs
10. Cheerios (sounds like Oh oo's)
11. Phone
12. Hello
13. No
14. Hat
15. Hot
16. Shoes
17. Socks
18. Cream (sounds like keem)
19. Binkey (key key)
20. Gum
21. Thank you (tha yee)
22. Keys
23. Ball
24. Pool (which she hasn't said lately b/c it's winter)
25. Elmo
26. Phone (sounds like fo fuf)
27. Yes
28. Uh oh

These are the words she says on her own. There are words she tries to repeat after I say them that I didn't include. I'm sure I'm missing a few but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. (As the day goes on & I think of others I'll be sure to add them)



1 comments:

kellytirman said...

How are you guys doing? I want an update :)

 
Web Analytics