BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

4 months old

I've been so bad with blogging & Fiona is growing so fast....I REALLY wish there was a good blogger iPhone app like Wordpress has (if there is let me know). So what's been going on? My baby girl is now 4 months old (17 weeks old). Hope I can remember some things she's been doing the last few weeks as I type this. These are in no specific order....
Fiona giggled a few times. I can't get her to do it on demand but so far she has done it about 5 times. When she's in the laughing mood she'll do it multiple times. It's so adorable & I love it so much. She did the 1st giggle to her daddy. I did hear it but I was in the other room & only heard it a little bit. The 2nd time was to my father. He came to visit when he was leaving he was saying good-bye in a high pitched voice while he tickled her arms...she loved it! He was able to get her to do it a few times before he left. Then there were random times while she was laying on her changing table....she loves that changing table.

She found her feet a few weeks ago. At 1st it was just by accident that she would grab them but now when she's laying down she grabs a hold of them. She has also started taking off her socks, pretty soon those toes will be in her mouth. Since we're really bad with laying her down she hasn't had the chance to do a lot of the things babies do when they're laying down. Most of the time she's in her Bumbo seat, on the Boppy Pillow or sitting up on my lap on the rocking chair.

Loves her feet too

She loves sucking on her 2 fingers, the pointer & middle. Sometimes more does in but those are her 2 favorite. She'll sometime gag herself, I hate that.
Loves those 2 fingers

She really reaches out & grabs at things. I did a blog post with a video over a month ago but now the grabbing is at everything.

She tries getting out of the Bumbo seat by turning her body. (I love the sneaky look)
Bumbo escape

She can sit up pretty good with little support.
16 weeks old Happy Thanksgiving

She's been making this nasty growling noise while she's fake crying. It's a real nasty noise & she does it if you don't do what she wants ASAP. She's a really good baby so I don't hear that often, she smiles all the time.

I'm sure there are a bunch of things I'm forgetting so I'll try & add them as I think of them. All the other things she was doing before have gotten much stronger/better (like following you or turning towards a voice).

We got her ears pierced. My entire life I always said that if I ever had a baby girl I'd definitely get her ears pierced. Then after I had her I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to put my precious little girl through unnecessary pain. I did want to do it but I didn't, I was on the fence. Both my husband's sister's had their daughters ears pierced & his moth said that if we get Fiona's ears pierced she wanted to buy her her 1st pair of diamond earrings...I ain't arguing with that! At her christening my husband's parents did give her diamond studs so yesterday we went to Claire's & got them done. She cried for a second & the lady did it so quick. The only problem we had was we had to use their earrings & they have regular backs on them. The earrings my mother in law got have shorter posts & the backing covered the pointy part that was sticking into Fiona's neck. When we got home I changed out the backs put our backs on, so much better. Claire's really should have "baby piercing earrings". So far she's fine she hasn't shown any discomfort & she slept all night last night like she always does (knock on wood).
Fiona's ears pierced Fiona's Earrings

I also got a new baby carrier, a Mei Tai which I love! I did have a bit of trouble at first using it at first but we got the hang of it within a few days. Fiona is used to having her legs hanging out but when I did it in the Mei Tai it would dig in her thighs. I tried the "frog legs" but she hated that. My mistake was her knees/legs should be higher than her butt so she sitting on her butt. With our other carrier she was hanging so all the weight went on her groin. After a few days of practice we got it & LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Gonna put my Jeep carrier up on Craigslist :)

Mei Tai Carrier

3 comments:

Crysi said...

she is so stinkin' cute!

kellytirman said...

I keep going back and forth on the ears piercing as well.

Anonymous said...

Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your description about having Fiona's ears pierced.

This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! You were a smart mommy for doing it now especially with diamonds waiting at home for her!

Our ped encouraged me to go ahead at 6 wks and gave me some suggestions for moms having their infant dd's ears pierced as well as for care of newly pierced ears.

If any other moms are uncertain, then write me an e-mail if you'd like out ped's tips.

Amy
Amyswor@hotmail.com

 
Web Analytics